You're like the bats in my attic,
I've tried so hard to get rid of you.
Not you, not you as a human,
not to suffocate you from your rights.
I've never wanted to induce bodily harm to myself
in the way I, quite literally,
would love to cut you out of my memory bank.
Scatter the pictures of you to some far away place.
It took so long for me to recoup after you left.
It was like teaching a corpse the ways of the world.
Finally, I've learned to breathe again,
but just as memories seem to be,
I can't detox completely.
I can't remove you from my system.
I go to sleep wishing I were better,
only to realize in the morning that you threw away the best.
Somewhere throughout the day I forget,
I lose my mind and my stature,
I want you here.
AoW Response Eng IV
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment